– “Arguing that you don’t care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don’t care about free speech because you have nothing to say.”
- Edward Snowden, ex-NSA operative
– “Privacy is dead, and social media holds the smoking gun.”
- Pete Cashmore, CEO of Mashable
– “I have over 4,000 emails, pictures, addresses, SNS”
– [Redacted Friend’s Name]: What? How’d you manage that one?
– “People just submitted it. I don’t know why. They ‘trust me’. Dumb f%cks”
- Mark Zuckerberg, CEO of Facebook
OSINTME.COM is a blog about digital privacy and open source intelligence.
These two items are inherently conflicted, as OSINT techniques often exploit gaps and deficiencies within the privacy framework.
However, like yin and yang, both are equally important to anybody who wants to navigate the post truth landscape that we live in today.
I have used various OSINT methods both professionally and as a pastime for a number of years.
Here I intend to share some of my knowledge, techniques and observations, partly as a way of contributing to the OSINT community, and partly as a way of keeping those tools sharp and practicing what I preach.
Visit this page to read about me and my background.